Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i want to drive a motor by PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_bassyouni

hello everybody
please if you want to help me be so specific

i am a junior mechatronics enginnering student in
Hariri Canadian Univeristy, Lebanon, Middle East.

i have a project for the microprocessors Lab
i need to drive a motor from my PIC

in its program, my PIC (16F877A) will output two pins D0&D1
when the motor should stop, D0D1 = 00
when motor moves forward, D0D1= 01
when motor moves backward, D0D1= 10

if you have a 100% Guaranteed circuit design (even if you change the bits combinations), plz tell me

with my Full Respect
thanks for your time
Karam El-Mawla​

Let me see.. You have a school project and you want us to do your work for you, and you have the gall to ask for 100% reliability? How about you come up with a design and we'll critique it for you. Also, it would be a good idea to search these forums for this subject, then google it. I'm not being harsh, but I am a professor, and if you were my student, I'd probably not be very happy with this type of attitude. :)

thanks for advice

hi professor,
thanks for advice
but i really tried many circuits without getting what's going wrong
it tried a circuit using a component L298(or 289)
the voltage regulator blows up
i tried an H-bridge 3 times with notime working
and i want to try a relay circuit but can find nothing clear on the net
i am asking for pages that helps me or circuits that work
i am not of that type who depends on other
absolutely inverse
i lead three of my university colleages
but they do nothing on their own
i have to tell them do every this and that and that make me tired of working everything on my own
so if you can guide me to the way of successful researching i will be so thankful
also, how do you advice me to treat such kind of people(my collegues)
sorry if iam stealing our time but i really need advice of experienced people
thaks for your time and effort
sincerely,
Karam El-Mawla​

Check the link below, its how i learned about an H bridge. I worked on a board design at my job and we had to do the same thing, drive a motor with a PIC16F877A.

**broken link removed**

We ended up using an L293DD for the job. It requires three inputs....the two direction inputs and one enable input. You could just permanently enable it and then you would just use the two inputs you already have.

If you post a schematic of something you have tried, we may be able to tell you what's wrong. It's possible with the regulator blowing up that you were getting back EMF due to driving an inductive load (the motor) and this killed your regulator. To combat that you need to use protection diodes. However, all of these things are taken care of with the L293DD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back