Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C SDA Low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaram

Hi guys, I've been trying to get TCM8240 camera working and I cant seem to get I2C right.
My problem seems to be that SDA is always low, and yes I've tied it high.
SCL is high as required yet, SDA remains low.
This is right from the get go, even if the camera module is held on reset.
Also there is not continuity to ground

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Matt

First you need to isolate the problem... Have you got a different I2C device at least to try? If the camera is holding the SDA line low then there's more than likely a fault with the camera.

You have been struggling with this for quite a bit now...

Been full on with work (Out of town) :( Finally got some down time.
I thought my problem was my I2C driver for ages because I was getting ACK bits. But really that was just checking to see if the slave pulled SDA low, which it always is.

Just to confirm.. This isn't normal behavior ? I can drive it high and judging by the voltage drop across my 1k resistor, I think the resistor pulling it low is 240 Ohmish.

Do some products do this to indicate an issue with power supply or clock pulse??

I've never worked with PIC32 but on the PIC's that I have worked with, the SDA and SCL pins must be tristated in order for the MSSP module to have control of the pins (TRIS bits = 1 for those pins on 16F and 18F). This allows the MSSP module to operate them in open drain fashion. Has this been addressed?

Yeah unfortunately thats not the issue. I think its an issue with either the camera itself or my soldering :S

In the datasheet it talks about power down mode and standby mode where ALL output pins are kept low.... It doesn't, however, state if the IIC pins are treated the same...

I can't see that being the issue but there is a definite switch on sequence to get the device out of powerdown mode..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back