Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC identification HEF4071BP

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarygood536

I have this 14 pin IC made by phillips.I cant seem to find any datda sheet for it. It might be really old seeing how i got it from my high school a few years back. The letters\numbers on it are

HEF4071BP (top row)
D3183ME
Hnn0022 2

Anyone have a clue what this could be? Also, for future reference what is the best site for IC pinout charts? I've come acrossed many that have been junk and virus infected.

Thanks,
~Jeff

The maker of the part is always the best place.. Your problem identifying the IC may be because you're using the entire part number where some of those letters/numbers are actually date codes or specifics. Looks like a 4071 OR gate to me.
OR gate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Haha, sounds about right a quad input or gate. School probably used them to teach logic. Thanks NXP looks like a good site. I usually just type these things in google but always get turned to a site that isnt telling me any information or is infected with a virus.

The one thing about Google is that you need to know how to use it =) When you're not getting hits, mix up your terms or try something different don't just assume the information isn't out there. Sometimes putting spaces where you think there may be a posible delination such as in the above case would help.

I am a little surprise you didn't find anything though cause I just typed in the full first line of the chips identification and the first link was directly to the PDF, maybe you typoed when you searched for it.

Exlaination codes on device

Hi Jeff,

A short explaination about the codes on your device.
The last 2 lines are for production tracking.
The second line indicates the diffusion batch, and the last line is assemble information, including a week number.

Formal site as NXP ( former Philips) are save to access.

Succes, Luc

I have this 14 pin IC made by phillips.I cant seem to find any datda sheet for it. It might be really old seeing how i got it from my high school a few years back. The letters\numbers on it are

HEF4071BP (top row)
D3183ME
Hnn0022 2

Anyone have a clue what this could be? Also, for future reference what is the best site for IC pinout charts? I've come acrossed many that have been junk and virus infected.

Thanks,
~Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back