IC identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

codedeveloper

Hi,
I'm new here so I hope this is the correct place to post. Apologies if not.

Anyway, my heater fan has recently stopped working on my car. After some hunting around I removed the regulator unit circuit board for the fan and found it was corroded and covered in gunk. Obviously a water leak that's probably been there for a while. A couple of legs were broken on an electrolytic cap and on another unidentified IC.

I've cleaned up the board as best I can and resoldered the broken legs, but still no luck yet.

There are two 3-pin ICs. The first I've already identified and can source if necessary (part no STPS15 45CR).

The second IC I can't find anwhere online. I've no idea who the manufacturer is, or indeed what the part actually is. It's labelled 'ON5194 phm0235 C1'

Can anyone help me identify this second IC, and where I would find a replacement?

Many thanks,
Shaun.

Additional Info: Car is a 2003 Vectra Elite 2.2 Petrol (Z22SE engine) with climate control. The heater fan was working the other morning, but gradually started cutting out. It died altogether after a minute and has not worked since. Climate control unit appears fine.

Re: Water leak...

Lift the access panel to the pollen filter (passenger side, beneath the wiper arm) and check the bulkhead drain is clear of leaf debris etc.

Jony: Thanks for that. I tried re-soldering components on the board is best I could, but the printed circuit seems to be corroded too. Not sure that it's salvagable now. And without a circuit diagram I'm pretty much stuck on repairing tracks or testing. I've tried plugging in the regulator module again and it has 12V power going to it, but there's nothing at all from the 2-pin output plug to the fan itself.

Mickster: Thanks - I've looked behind the pollen filter and it's now clear. I know it's a common problem on this car, so once the regulator is fixed/replaced I'll keep an eye on that.

Rgds,
Shaun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…