ICD0021:Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabs1976

I've been using Olimex PIC-ICD2 debugger https://olimex.com/dev/index.html
for the past 1 year and everything was fine . I have used MPLAB 7.2 , 7.4 and 7.5 had no issues with it . Recently i opened up my kit and tried setting up with MPLAB 8.02 but i keep getting this ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2 . The USB driver is getting detected and is visible in the Device manager ( with no conflicts). To be doubly sure,i cleaned up the USB device driver and reinstalled , but no luck !! . During this process it worked ONLY once when i changed to cable to a different USB port . I tried this on a different laptop too. I wonder if this is something to do with the limitation of the debugger or MPLAB 8.02 . Am i missing something , worst case , i would like to go back to MPAB 7.4 and try the same , where can i download the same ?

Any help or inputs is highly appreciated.

prabs1976 said:
I wonder if this is something to do with the limitation of the debugger or MPLAB 8.02 . Am i missing something , worst case , i would like to go back to MPAB 7.4 and try the same , where can i download the same ?
I don't think that using an old MPLAB IDE would fix the problem (unless there are bugs in the latest versions ), but the old installation files are available on the Microchip site. v7.50

I made a Lothar serial ICD that worked fine with pre 8.00 MPLAB, but then stopped working with 8.00. I thought I fried a chip or pulled a wire out by accident. I am going to try the older software again when I get home. Here is a link to the MPLAB archived software. It may be helpful **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…