Ideas on Tracking project

Status
Not open for further replies.

chetanbais

I my project i am supposed to track the motion of a person in order to focus a spotlight on him as he moves towards the podium....also it'll be great if there is any way i can figure out where he is exactly sutuated amongst teh audience when his name is called....

all this has to be automated ....i'll be needing a lotta sensors to detect the motion of the concerened person and zero in on his position so tht i can focus some light on him!!!

Please help me out...

i'll be using AVR ATmega16 for signal processing....
any suggestions on sensors???
IR, RF or mayb RFID logging system......??

RFID is too short range. IR will get messed up by all the other lights (and needs line of sight, so unless you want them to wear an IR emitting helmet...)

Both IR and RF is just hard to do, especially with the accuracy that you want.

It would be much easier just to get a person...because tracking a particular person moving through a group of other people is almost impossible for a computer to do right now. That's like...machine vision. Your AVR will definately not be powerful enough to do something like this (that is assuming you even know how to get the AVR to do what you want it to do).

To know where to point the light at a person in their seat you have to know where the seat is and where the camera is and then do some math to know which direction to point it in.

My advice: get a person to move the spotlight and get a computer to calculate the angles between the seat and the camera. The spotlight can find the person in their seat automatically much easier than the person can, but the person can track them walking to the podium much more easily.

Last edited:
Pyroelectric or thermopile array sounds cool....
i just need to detect the presence of a person at a particular point...
if these r good at tht, i think it'll work...
wht say??

I think RFID would be an easy solution, assuming the person is given an RFID tag beforehand. I believe the active RFID tags (the battery operated ones) are capable of position tracking.

active rf id with triangulation : the tag will require a two way commn: with a controller , so that the tag will be enabled only after the persons name is called.

if the all the persons will take the same path to the podium -
passive rf id + sensor . - the sensors may be spaced along the path say about 1-2 mtr all linked to a central control . so as the person walks through the path , the rf receivers will get activated .

then use a wire grid in the pathway - least complicated most laborious

He he...no am not an assasin....if i were one, it wud have been netter to shoot the person right in his head rather than makin my own life miserable with all this....

What do u guys say about pressure pads???/
n do u have any idea abt where i can get a schematic for a RFID receptor??

Well if you can get close enough to plant the damn tag , you might as well plant an exploding one.

Can you focus pyroelectric accurately enough to ignore the other warm bodies?

need help in tracking and personal identification project

I require help for my project in which i m suppose to track and identify people in a building. the hardware part may consist of a RFId tranmitter which will transmit a unique code assigned to an individual(vary from person to person). There will be a receiver in each room connected to the computer.
My question is
What about the receiver. How do i get a receiver which receives the exact same frequency as that used by the rfid transmitter?
Say I get a receiver and connect it to the computer, how do i create a floor map of the building to see where that person is? i.e how do i create the database. Which software can i use for that purpose?
I will be more than happy to receive your help and if u have any other ideas u can suggest those to me as well.

I am not sure why people keep doing this, but if you post a complete project question in someone else's thread, no one will answer your question because everyone will be answering the original question. Make your own thread!

well, am in the process of testing an Electronic Field Sensor (which depends on the electromagnetic field reception amount) for the proximity detection.
Anyone with prior experience in this thing???

also, am fabricating this TONE MODULATED IR SENSOR SYSTEM wherein i'll be modulating the transmitted IR lighting voltage with some audio tone (kinda signature) and after bouncing back from the a person, the received light will be scanned for the signature pattern.... n will be accepted only if its tone modulated.... i think this will solve the problem of ambient light n stray IR light detection....... any inputs??

also, this IR system has a range of abt 12 cms which is too low for my application....any valuable suggestions on how to increase the range??

Attachments

• Manual_EF sensor.pdf
    71.1 KB · Views: 300
  • Tone modulated IR.pdf
    76.9 KB · Views: 167
Well here is an idea.... why not use track his cell phone via bluetooth MAC address. A directional antenna should be able to give a fairly good indication of where they are, use 3 antenna's to triangulate his position. I think they call it blue-stalking or blue-tracking?

no no!!
am supposed to use this device to track celebrities..... n its not for sure that each of them will carry their cellphones on the stage....especially when they are going to accept some awards or to deliver a speech......

Also, asking them to switch on their bluetooth while doing so would not be appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…