Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identify Chip Socket

stuhagen

I am repairing a 30 year old board that has a Denso SE236 24 pin chip. This is NOT a standard 2.54 pitch, much smaller.
I have done research and all the sources do not show such a thing. Maybe no longer available. Oddly, I was able to buy the chip, but even the seller couldnt help (odd)
I have replaced this chip directly, but for testing, I would like a socket so I can pop off and on a chip. Plus soldering such a small footprint I run the risk of damaging the chip.

Attachments

• Denso SE236 (2).JPG
    Denso SE236 (2).JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Denso SE236 (3).JPG
    Denso SE236 (3).JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 12
  • SE236 Chip.jpg
    SE236 Chip.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 11
  • S2 -SE236.jpg
    S2 -SE236.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 11
It looks to be the "Shrink DIP" pitch as commonly used on 64 pin dual in line ICs? Those are 0.07" pitch (1.778mm).

This place lists sockets in various pin counts:

A 64 pin may? be easiest to obtain generally, then cut that to 12 pin sections.

Use two rows of 1x24 x 2mm female headers

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back