Ieee

Status
Not open for further replies.

hope_co

hi everyone, i have difficulty to find the IEEE paper. can anyone help me? im doing tv remote based multipurpose controller for my final project. so i really appreciate ur help.
thx.

hope_co said:
hi everyone, i have difficulty to find the IEEE paper. can anyone help me? im doing tv remote based multipurpose controller for my final project. so i really appreciate ur help.
thx.
The IEEE publishes hundreds of papers annually and has for as many years as I've been in the business. Which one did you have in mind?

bcoz it is a lot then it makes me confuss. basically the freq of TV remote and IR and RF principle. or can u help me to choose?
thx

The only problem is the articles aren't free, you have to pay a subscription fee but I think they might sell them individually too. Unfortunately copyright law prohibits us from posting them on this forum because they are copyrighted.

IIRC reprints of individual articles are about $50.00 USD. Too rich for my blood. I'd go to the library and find the ones I wanted before I planked down my hard earned money.

It goes without saying that most articles in the IEEE journals are theoretical in nature and have absolutely nothing to do with circuits and practical applications. You're better off with any number of hobbyist magazines.

hope, Ieee is useless for your request. Various Tv remotes use different center frequencies, usually between 30khz and 70khz or therabouts. Typical baud rates for the serial data sent at those frequencies is between 200hz and 14.4khz. 1200, 2400, and 9600 are generally accepted 'standard' baud rates.
FOR Infrared ONLY. RF is a totall unrelated subject, there are no standards I'm aware of.

Last edited:

This is rather misleading?.

The vast majority of IR remotes use a carrier around 38-40KHz (simply because they originally carried on using the same chips as in ultrasonic remotes). But the IR receiver IC's aren't very critical, and generally accept anything remotely close (no pun intended).

The data transmission isn't anything remotely like normal serial transmissions, which is completely unsuitable - so baud rate doesn't apply - the most common type is the Philips RC5, which uses a version of Manchester coding. Sony use a nice easy system called SIRC's, and you can check my PIC tutorial on it at .

Sorry, getting my IR stuff confused. IRDA is the one that just sends the raw serial data, no encoding, no carrier.

actually i also dun want to use the ieee things. but my lec asked me to find the good reference for the project. that's why he asked me to find the ieee paper.
wah... that's really expensive. i will thick twice to get it.
Sceadwian, can u give me more info about using the IRDA?
btw thx guys for all ur opinion n suggestion. really appreaciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…