if you transmit at wideband frequency will narrow band frequ

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfamilia

if you transmit at wideband frequency will narrow band frequency pick it up. just say at theres a 40 channel cb at 500mhz and each channel is steps of 50khz so channel 1 is 500.100, channel 2 500.150 and so on.

now if i where to transmit at 500mhz wideband.. would it be all over the 40 channel narrow band cb ?

The simple answer, yes.

But there are a few cases you can get away with transmitting information at the same frequency. If you change the phase, you can use the same phase, or modulate using an orthogonal signaling scheme.

coooll, cause i wanna override the cb vhf signal we have at work, just having a little fun... so what ever channel they go on there gonna hear me., :lol:

mrfamilia said:
coooll, cause i wanna override the cb vhf signal we have at work, just having a little fun... so what ever channel they go on there gonna hear me., :lol:

You should be aware that what you're proposing is an offence!, and you may be liable to substantial penalties - depending on the laws in your country.

If you're purposely interfering with radios at work, I would have also thought it's an instant dismissal offence?.

It would seem that with a wideband transmitter you'd be more likely to get the attention of someone who will track you down.

A wide FM transmission will sound VERY distorted when received on a narrow FM receiver tuned to the transmitter carrier frequency. On receivers tuned to adjacent channels, the wide FM will just "splatter" with a sound reminiscent of frying bacon!

If you aim is to be heared intelligibly on all channels at once, your scheme is a non-starter.
If your aim is just to create a noise, it will work.

Either way it is rather antisocial and illegal.

JimB

no people its just a joke, im not breaking international laws and such.....

ill give you an example, riding a toy motor bike or a gokart is a offence on the road and carrys a penalty of 1000 plus suspention of your drivers licence... however when i was a kid of 14 years of age i use love riding my hand made motor bike up and down the street.....

i really dont know about other countrys but in australia transmittion is fine. considering of how much open space there is in the country side...

anyway people its about living life, having fun, sure you might get in trouble for something you do wrong but its worth the experience.... as such riding my motor bike// :lol:

Wideband FM Transmission

Hey, free spirit!

Your idea is possibly the dumbest I have seen posted. It's one thing to risk your own ass irresponsibly on a homemade motorbike. It is another to interfere with other people's legitimate communications on the public radio service. If I heard you intentionally interfering with my communications, I'd do everything in my power to track down your signal source and turn you in. And I'm not even fond of authority.

Don't forget, there are whole clubs of ham radio operators who have contests to find hidden transmitters, and the transmitter you are thinking of would be extremely easy to track down.

There are a lot of creative and interesting things you can do with electronics. Why pick the stupidist one you can think of?

awright

listen man nobody asked for your dumb appion so go **** off, you track me down.... :lol: i'd put a sign outside saying come and get me, just waiting to smash someone like you in the ground. i mean i respect the guys on this website that are trying to help me,. but you... your a piece of ****. fucken scum

And how many of the guys on here are willing to help you now?

JimB

Hi,
Just read this thread and felt :shock: when someone abused this fine forum with harsh words. If I posted in any forum, I usually read it twice as not to offend anyone who read it. Really.

Peace.

I don't think it was mrfamilia's intension to purposely intrude on the communications of other Radio HAM users or cause problems for people using sensative radio frequencies (such as the emergency services), as he originally said he just wanted to have some fun with the guys at work, which in one way or another I'm sure we all do from time to time.

Unfortunately, the fact is that by playing this kind of trick on the people at work he is likely to offend other people outside of his work who are not involved in the joke. So fine, advise him of that and be done with it - no need to insult him and wind him up as has been done here.

On the other hand, I don't think it's very appropriate of mrfamilia to threaten other people on the forum either so I think everyone here just needs to agree to disagree and leave it at that

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…