Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IGBT switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris_BG

Hello and sorry for bad English :D

Trying to develop this scheme:

**broken link removed**

But I can not select unmapped elements - IGBT transistor, NPN transistor, two diodes, two resistors with an asterisk and electrolytic capacitor.
Please help!

This is in addition to a system copied from the Russian site:

When reading the next issue of the journal Radio - stumbled upon the assertion that the timer output current is 200 mA. He began to dig datashity. That he looked inside Smile and between the legs. And that's what we have: There is already regulated and 0,5-2 ms pulse duration, and frequency of 10-100 Hz. Also works great protection that protects the output key. Some copies of timers is not discharged until the end of geytovuyu vessel closure, which leads to delay closing the transistor and its overheating. Therefore, between the timer and it is desirable to place the driver transistors. But the scheme is fully operational and tried.

High voltage is 400 volts with a current 0.5 A.

Please help!

Suitable IGBT, 400V or more, .5A or more -
FGD2N40L
IRGB14C40LPBF-ND
STGP10NB37LZ

Suitable NPN transistors -
2N2222
2N3904

Capacitor -
100µF, 16V or greater

Resistors -
??? Cannot determine without load. Where is your load? Try using a 10K potentiometer, and adjust.

Thanks duffy!
Unfortunately I can not find these types of IGBT in my country does not appear to bring them, please let me offer some type of commercial IGBT and if you can tell me something about the two diodes.

The diode on pin 2 can be a 1N914 or any small signal diode. The diode on the IGBT should be a Schottky or ultra-fast recovery rectifier. It must have a 400V PIV rating or greater... but the current can be very small, less than 1A. The CSD01060A will work, if it is available to you.

Select the IGBT by the collector-emitter breakdown voltage rating of 400V or greater. All of them will handle .5A or more. You have 15V on the gate, so you do not need special logic-level devices.

Electronics suppliers ship around the world.

Where is your load in this circuit? What does the IGBT drive?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back