Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Illuminated mom-off-mom rocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThermalRunaway

Hi everyone,

I've been busy trying to find a suitable rocker switch for a project of mine lately. I'm looking for a mom-off-mom rocker switch with green illumination. I'm not asking anybody to go trawling the internet for me, I can do all that myself, but if anyone happens to know of a suitable switch and can easily point me in it's direction then I'd appreciate you passing it on to me!

Thanks,

Brian

What do you mean by mom-of-mom?

What voltage?

If it's DC (3V to 50V) then you'll want an LED but for AC line (100VAC to 250VAC) you'll want a neon lamp.

Sorry Hero, I took it that "mom" was an accepted abbreviation but perhaps it is not. I meant [momentary-on] - OFF - [momentary-on]

It's for a 12V project, not heavy duty, and LED illumination is preffered.

I've done some looking around (a fair bit actually) and I found a couple of suitable switches but they're manufactured by companies who are only really interested in selling to other companies who want to buy thounsands. I of course, only want to buy one or two!!!

I haven't yet found a distributor who sells switches suitable for my application.

Brian

See the attached information. Is that switch suitable? I've found it at www.digikey.com.

EDIT: unfortunately that switch is out of stock. Try with part no. 432-1094-ND. They are quite expensive!

Attachments

• switch.png
    switch.png
    8 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
It just might be suitable eng1! The specs certainly paint a nice picture. Be nice if I could see a photo.

I'll go and check it out - thanks for that link, appreciated.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back