Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm in the path of a hurricane

Status
Not open for further replies.
**broken link removed**

So yeah, I'm glad I live about 100 miles inland. Still, this could really bite.

Yow. Buckle down--hope it doesn't hit you too hard.

I've been worrying about this one since my grandma lives in Victoria TX, and she's not in the greatest of health right now. The current projection is for Victoria to catch Ike pretty hard, it looks like. They've been known to veer off before, although someone is gonna get it no matter where it hits land.

Good luck!

Torben

Wow - Victoria could get some serious winds and rain. Up where I am we are just expecting rain and more rain, maybe some winds. At least Victoria looks like it could be on the western side of the hurricane instead of the east.

Wow - Victoria could get some serious winds and rain. Up where I am we are just expecting rain and more rain, maybe some winds. At least Victoria looks like it could be on the western side of the hurricane instead of the east.

Yeah. I just got off the phone with Dad and he said that the northern turn the storm is taking has reduced the wind forecast to gusts of 70MPH. That's still a pretty strong wind but not blow-your-house-away strong. And as you say, they're on the "easy" side. Houston looks set to take it in the neck, though.

Torben

I live in Florida, and have been through quite a few hurricanes. They usually loose strength quickly once they are over land. We're getting rain and some wind (outer bands?) right now. Personally, I've never considered evacuation. My house is solid, and figure it's just as safe as the shelters, and don't have to worry about my dog. Nobody will be doing any looting, and I can leave when I want, not when someone else says it safe to go home. Then there's the traffic and crowds of people... Just not worth it to me. Worst damage was have to replace my fence and cut up a bunch of tree branches.

oll Ike

I saw a newspaper heading this morning, it said something like "Ike threatens to flatten city"
I wondered how accurate that was, but still, it sounds really scary.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back