Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Imitation Fender Bassman 5F6-A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spingk

So I am attempting to recreate the Fender Bassman 5F6-A amplifier using http://www.kbapps.com/audio/schematics/tubeamps/fender/images/bassman5fa.gif as the schematic.

I am still planning everything out and figuring out exactly how much money this is going to cost. While planning out the parts I ran into some trouble. The capacitors and resistors are very poorly labeled. The two 470 resistors near the two 5881 tubes are labeled as 1w but thats all. I know that tube amps can run at around 600V, and typically resistors come in 1/4w so the 1/4w compared to the 600V just seems as if the resistor would be fried right away. What wattage resistor do you guys recommend for this?

Now the capacitors. Connected to the ground switch is a capacitor labeled at .05-600. I have determined that this mean a .05uF 600V capacitor. Now go up by the inductor and you see another capacitor labeled 20-600P. I am led to believe that the P signifies 600pF but then the farads and the voltage have switched places. And that seems to happen several times. Is there something I am unaware of or is it just an inconsistency in the schematic?

Thank you,
-Spingk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back