Implementation of a microcontrollercard in a robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgus

Implementation of a microcontrollercard in a rocket

Hi

I am a student from Østfold College, faculty of computer science, in Norway.
I am currently working on a project at Andøya (NAROM), where I am working with a "student rocket".
This is my main project and it is about exchanging an old PCM encodercard with a brand new microcontrollercard.
The intention with this, is to get more flexibility when it comes to sensors and their readings.

I have found many good microcontrollers, but my main problem is the size of the controllercard.
The microcontrollercard can not exceed 80x50x20mm...

The card need a minimum of 6 analog and 2 digital input channels for the sensors. It also needs two RS232-ports, one for the connection to the launcher and one for the sendercard.

I know this type of card may be hard to find (maybe impossible?), but is there any card you guys can recommend, meeting the physical requirements?

Thank you

Last edited:
I would suggest you probably need to make your own board, using a micro-controller - many PIC's would easily do what you want, and come in SM packages if you want really small, and PIC's have massive support on the Internet.

I have thought of making one myself, but the problem with that is that the rocket crashes in the ocean after each launch. If the project is a sucess, my solution is going to be used in every future launch of "student rockets" at NAROM(Norwegian Centre for Space-related Education).

For that reason, i would need a card i can buy a lot of...

Either make a load yourself, or have a load made then - obviously for such a project it would be a good idea to get the PCB's professionally made.

I don't have the time to make one myself now so I would like to rephrase my question: " Is there anyone out there that want to make a prototype for me?"

Here is a video from the rocket that the card would be used in:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…