Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Importance of bond graphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantafford

Hello,

I have a question.

Recently I have started studying bond graphs in college(I'm 4th year electrical engineer).
You know, bond graphs, those kind of graphs which indicate the direction of flow, effort, etc for all kinds of systems(electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, etc).

I'm thinking of going for an automation and control master degree because I like that area.

My question is: How important are bond graphs for electrical engineers and how important are them in the automation domein. Is it worth the time aprofundating them?

I have never heard of a "bond graph" before now.

Is it worth the time aprofundating them?
I have never seen the word "aprofundating" * before either.

JimB

* On edit, probably because it is a Romanian word.

Last edited:
I have never heard of a "bond graph" before now.

I have never seen the word "aprofundating" * before either.

JimB

* On edit, probably because it is a Romanian word.
By that I meant taking the time to learn them well. Bond graphs are a different way of representing systems. For example you can represent it via block diagrams or bond graphs. Take the time to google bond graphs if you are curious :)

I've been working in the electronics field for 38 years, and as a hobby for at least 6 more, and never heard of them until today.
Much less used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back