Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Improve Circuit. Unexpected Behavior.

ThomsCircuit

I put together this turn signal / brake simulator to work with another circuit. The goal is to match the cycle of flashes with my vehicle. The circuit flashes and I can adjust it however when i engage/ trip the other push buttons that simulate a left brake pedal press with a right turn signal or visa-versa or a full hazard situation pin (3) on the 555 circuit does not instantly illuminate the LED. Instead it is slow to reach full brightness and delays the relay from engaging. What can I try to make this function as it should?
Note. The green component is not being used.

turn sig sim.png

Last edited:
It would appear that the 555 is free-running so when it goes high is random as compared to when a button is pressed.

It also appears that K1 will not do anything when the brake is applied since it is applying 12V through the turn-signal switch that is already continuously high from the brake signal.

I assume you want the tail-light to blink when both the brake and turn signal are active.
That would require some type of inhibit/logic function to block the brake signal when the turn signal is active.

That would require some type of inhibit/logic function to block the brake signal when the turn signal is active.
Other than the 555 free running the remainder of the circuit is manual operated. I simply press a button to create a condition output of the other two leds. For example I will press a button to let the left led flash and hold down another button to make the right led steady. That would produce a scenario of making a left turn while braking. I manipulate the other buttons to produce other conditions that would happen in a vehicle.

The purpose is to route the output of the two leds to the "Third Brake Controller" circuit. The reason is that circuit requires adjustment. That adjustment is to match the flash rate of my vehicle. This circuit allows me to simulate my vehicle from my desk.

Last edited:

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back