In4001

Status
Not open for further replies.
ericgibbs said:
Look at the attached diagram, from the datasheet link I posted,that explains it.

Why do you need to know in such detail.?

i suppose that teachers will be trying to ask such questions

Roff said:
Maybe it's also a little like my name: 6 7/8 McFadden. When I was born, my mother and father couldn't decide on a name, so they threw a bunch of names into a hat. By mistake, they pulled out the size of the hat.
nice story

Perhaps the 1N4001 was named by throwing a bunch of numbers into a hat, and then pulling them out at random.

one can literally expect such things from the authorities which make nomenclatures of devices

zanes said:
According to a book I have, the first number (before N) is the number of leads minus one that the device has.
i too believe in it but is it a universal truth?
does this law stands for all IN400s?

kindly reply

finally who is commenting on everybody?
take ur mouse pointer to the square below your name and a line appears which is distinct from everybody who writes these lines?????

i too believe in it but is it a universal truth?
does this law stands for all IN400s?

kindly reply

There is only one letter "N".You telling that diode IN4001 thats wrong it should 1N4001

shankbond said:
take ur mouse pointer to the square below your name and a line appears which is distinct from everybody who writes these lines?????

Click on ;User CP, [Blue menu bar at top of page] then 'edit signature', enter your details, they will appear below the line on all your posts..OK.

EDIT: Ahhh, you mean the phrase which appears when you place your cursor over the Green boxes,? its a computer program response to the number of Green or Red squares.. They were written by the guy who wrote the forum program.

Last edited:
shankbond said:

I believe the phrase shown, depends on how many squares are visible. I seem to be on a journey, like all the other "1 squares".

shankbond said:
well my friend i dont think so ,ur answer tells me the specification of the device but doesnt tell me the meaning of each letter .

if u know the answer please tell me the solution

Eric you say that photodiode is connected to input of 555 and its output is connected to relay .
one question

we can directly connect photodiode to relay by other means also ,like either connecting it directly or through some other means like buffers etc.

so whats the point using 555

hi,
The 555 is configured as a monostable, which is Reset when the photodiode is illuminated.
While the monostable is timing the relay is energised.

If you used an alternative circuit it would have to give the same action as the 555.... as I dont know exactly what your COMPLETE circuit does I cant advise an alternative... Why dont you just use a 555..?

I need information on exactly what you are trying to do with this circuit.

shankbond said:
well my friend i dont think so ,ur answer tells me the specification of the device but doesnt tell me the meaning of each letter .
Really sorry to disappoint you friend, but the sad truth is that the individual letters and numbers have no meaning by themselves. Taken together, in the proper order, they form a shorthand "key" in the global database of electronic parts. Using that key you can get to the datasheet where all is revealed. There just isn't anything deeper. You continued insistence on a deeper meaning is just a little bit creepy. It is like the kid who keeps saying why everytime you give him an answer.

i m actually detecting a target through photo diode and phototransistor which are mounted on a stepper meotor.
this motor is again mounted on a tower like structure .
this motor is further controlled by a parallel port ,through PC.
this ckt now figuratively resembles like a radar

i m sorry about that

hi,
I am trying to follow your explanation:
Is the stepper motor driving a disk with blades which blocks the light emitter diode to the photodetector transistor

or

is the light emitter mounted on the rotating part of the stepper motor.

any chance of a simple sketch..?

Why not just use a reflector or encoder wheel on the motor shaft. Electronics and moving motor shafts are not exactly best friends.
**broken link removed**

shankbond said:
yes it is simply glued(to be more precise) to the shaft of motor
Hi,
If you want to keep the some time period thats currently drives the relay coil from the 555 monostable, you will have to use a HEF4528 mono or an equivalent type.

Why cant you use a 555 timer as shown in your diagram.?

I am trying to help you 'shankbond', its no problem, but I need more project background information.

'Throw me a bone.!'

i have given you almost every detail of project ,the left one is the software part in PC

hi shankbond.
just wanted to know if there is some other alternative other than 555
Use a HEF4528 or HEF4529 for the monostable, to sharpen up the P/T pulse that trigggers the HEF4528, you may require a schmitt trigger, say a HEF40106

Does this help.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…