Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inbox Reported as Full When it is NOT Full

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hello,

My inbox is getting reported as full when it is not full, but only has 1 message in it.

There were messages stored maybe that had something to do with it, but it did say "Inbox" not messages in general.

Last edited:
It is usually the total messages stored in all your mailboxes - i.e. if you have a limit of 100 messages, you could have 1 in your inbox and 99 in your sent items and it will register as full.

Creating extra boxes for filing away received emails are still counted towards your total allocation.

Hi picbits,

Thanks for the reply. I had thought that might be the case. I dont think it should be that way though because then a 'saved' folder is basically useless. You cant store many in there or you wont be able to receive any more messages.

Indeed but its pretty universal across most PHPBB forum installations.

Maybe petition Electromaster to up the storage limit on the boxes. I am part of an active forum where I have nearly 2000 private messages stored - I tend to download them onto my PC every couple of months then delete them all off.

Hello,

My inbox is getting reported as full when it is not full, but only has 1 message in it.

There were messages stored maybe that had something to do with it, but it did say "Inbox" not messages in general.

Hi MrAl.... Still trying... its been over a week now... Eric ( I think ) has reported the issue...

I was trying to say thanks in regards to my apprentice.....

Last edited:
Hi,

picbits:
Yeah, it would be nice though to have more space.

Ian:
Oh ok thanks, well you can try it again now since i've cleared it all out.

Maybe someone can PM me so i can test it out now that i've cleared all but 1 message in there, even in the saved folders.

Don't forget to empty your "Sent" folder if you don't need those messages any more - it also takes up some of your allocation.

Hi,

Yes i cleared everything.

Actually these forums don't run on PHPBB (they run on vBulletin), although they have a similar limitation on the maximum number of private messages all lumped together.
*Slaps head* - I meant VBulletin ! I only wrote PHPBB because I run that myself and was applying updates.

Old age must be setting in !

Hi again,

Well maybe it's time to beat all the other message boards then and beef up the message system by allowing more saved messages :)
Set the new bar for the *best* message boards (as this one surely is).
Text doesnt take much space to save, even larges amounts of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back