Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inchworm+ ICD2 First look

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

This is the untested first look at the new layout for the Inchworm. I made a couple of small changes to the original design and added a few extra features.
Plus features
  • commonly available parts
  • basic version is priced the same as the original Inchworm $45 MSRP
  • plus version adds
    • jumper or switch selectable vpp
    • jumper or switch selectable external power
    • option for VPP before VDD (Q1 BS250P & R1 4.7K)
    • LM2940 on silkscreen (great for running from 6V)
    • Power & Busy LEDs now use icons on the silkscreen
    • pullup on MCLR (optional)
**broken link removed**

I had a look at your new site yesterday. (I was looking at how you made use the ports on another project.)
I must say, it looks great! I wish you all the best with sales; I think this is a good deal on the Inchworm.

Nice additions Bill. Think you got it all. Powering the target is a nice feature for me.

I still wish you would write a Sketchup 3D tutorial ;) All of your work is really nice.

mramos1 said:
Nice additions Bill. Think you got it all. Powering the target is a nice feature for me.

I still wish you would write a Sketchup 3D tutorial ;) All of your work is really nice.
Thanks Mike, as for Sketchup tutorial the Sketchup site has great videos (that's how I learned it)

It's also the prequil (and test platform, notice the 40pin connector under the PIC) for the Inchworm II (can be upgraded to USB) but will cost more than the Inchworm+ same PCB size (using PLCC with holethrough sockets).

Not sure I got the BS250P right way round though... Found two different datasheets on the things.

I do want to finish the Mongoose prototype.

Last edited:
blueroomelectronics said:
It's also the prequil (and test platform, notice the 40pin connector under the PIC) for the Inchworm II (can be upgraded to USB) but will cost more than the Inchworm+ same PCB size (using PLCC with holethrough sockets).

Not sure I got the BS250P right way round though... Found two different datasheets on the things.

I do want to finish the Mongoose prototype.

I will look at the tutorial videos.

Far as the USB, I was going to make a joke and asked where the USB plug was. :D So you did think of it all!

Was the stuff I sent of any use? I was able to fixed the unit I had. And my Grandfather is learning with the inchworm now. So it is still in action.

I think it would be nice to have both serial and USB.

Mongoose :eek: I like the name.

mramos1 said:
Mongoose :eek: I like the name.
I post Mongoose development in the robotics section. And pictures too!

Here's the Tamiya Double Gearbox (Mongoose II drivetrain) with optics for rotation sensing.
I just love Sketchup for 3D drawing.
**broken link removed**

Ayne said:
u make this??? or they r prebuilt libraries???
The gears are drawn partially with a ruby script. The rest is calipers and time. No libriaries except my own. Since I use the drawings for both documentation and in the case of Mongoose to have parts made; all parts are generally accurate to .1mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back