Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Indian Supercomputer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Recently India has developed a new supercomputer that ranks in top five of the world...

It has been manufactured by the company TATA...

It rank is four.. and speed of around 117.9 tera flops...

It is the fastest in ASIA...

Wonderful thing na..

Please see the details over here...

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ka_is_fastest_in_Asia/articleshow/2539387.cms

Edit: One more link...

https://indiaedunews.net/Science/Tata_develops_fourth_fastest_supercomputer_'EKA'_2503/

Regards,

Simran..:)

Last edited:
hi Simran,
Saw a TV program yesterday showing a restored/running 'Colossus' electronic computer, one of the 10 electronic computers,
that we were using in England during the 1940's.

It has about 1800 valves [vacuum tubes], it was used to crack coded radio messages.

I think your computer probably runs a little faster...:)

And it runs windows, so it only really runs about a MIP or two; opps bluescreen...
**broken link removed**

Downtown Toronto, Hudsons Bay BSOD. November 8, 2007

Thanks..

ericgibbs said:
hi Simran,
Saw a TV program yesterday showing a restored/running 'Colossus' electronic computer, one of the 10 electronic computers,
that we were using in England during the 1940's.

It has about 1800 valves [vacuum tubes], it was used to crack coded radio messages.

I think your computer probably runs a little faster...:)

Thanks...

It is actually a big achievement for us... we hope of doing a bit better in future...

I also feel it doesn't works on 8051... because 8051 is a bit old technology...

Regards,

Last edited:
ya...

Actually the computer though may absorb more electricity because it is having number of processors and also servers to be fed with...

Hey,

I have a question...

it has been mentioned that super computers can be used for ' Drug Discovery' also..

How it happens...:eek:

Regards,

There's software that can be run on super fast computers that simulate molecular interaction of chemicals. They just try large numbers of variations until they find one that works, verify it and then try to build it using real chemicals.

It is...

it is a wonderful technique... and probably it may work on Anti Biotics.. i am not sure... but may be...

Regards,

That'd be significantly more complicated simran. One of the things this magic method doesn't to is tell you what the side effects are going to be or how it interacts with the rest of the body. The drug companies use animals for that, and then they do clincal trials on people. Even then there are drugs out there (possible created using those kinds of methods or not) that are found later on to have fatal consiquences or side effects so severe as to render the drug useless. It's like a crap shoot, the failure rate of tested drugs is absolutly astronomical, but the profits from a succesful one (which once perfects costs virtually nothing to make) are so high that it's a popular method. Mind you these drugs only help symptoms and seldom if ever actually effect the underlaying condition.

Can it happen...

Hi,

1. Can it happen that we use our normal computer... and wait for a long period of time so that it can do calculations ...

Long period time means like 2 months...

Will it work...

Also,

2. Can we make a supercomputer at home by joining five or six computers...

Regards,

1 computer is just a computer, 10 might get you somewhere over a length of time, 100 will get you results over a shorter period of time, 1000 over a short period of time, 10k 100k ect. Supercomputer is an abstract term. Seti@home is the earliest that I know of actual application of that kind of system. It was so popular after a few years it actually caught up and surprasses the data is was processing by a couple orders of magnitude. **broken link removed**
is the latest breed of this kind of programming I know of.

simrantogether said:
Hi,
2. Can we make a supercomputer at home by joining five or six computers...
)

Hi Simran,
Yes, its possible to interlink a number of MCU's to give a 'pseudo super computer'.

I have even seen it done with Z80's, [I'm sure that Nigel has also tried the idea].

Why dont you interlink say 3 PIC's and give it a try?:rolleyes:

Well..

ericgibbs said:
Why dont you interlink say 3 PIC's and give it a try?:rolleyes:

Yes , it is a good idea...

Probably ... i feel time sharing has to be done then for controlling of those three pics or Some other protocol..

Regards,

ericgibbs said:
Hi Simran,
Yes, its possible to interlink a number of MCU's to give a 'pseudo super computer'.:rolleyes:

Well,

If it is there then all the computers that are in our office should also be networked with each other..

because sometimes some client will surely come to us for if we can run their software for some time on our own super computer...

Regards,

simrantogether said:
Well,

If it is there then all the computers that are in our office should also be networked with each other..

because sometimes some client will surely come to us for if we can run their software for some time on our own super computer...

Regards,

hi,
I am not talking about LAN systems, but 'parallel' processing of the same data using more than one MCU,
connected and programmed in such a way as they share the processing required on the same data set.

Grid Computing

Hi Simran,
The technique is known as 'Grid Computing'. A good starting point is the wikipedia article
(Google will also give you some good links).

It's good to see India starting to take an active part in computing hardware.
They have done (and continue to do) so much work on the software side.

Little known fact: The 'Boson' sub atomic particle is named after professor **broken link removed** (Bengal) who collaborated on quantum mechanics with Einstein.

There was also J C Bose.
"100 years ago Jagadish Chandra Bose described to the Royal Institution in London his research carried out in Calcutta at millimeter wavelengths. He used waveguides, horn antennas, dielectric lenses, various polarizers and even semiconductors at frequencies as high as 60 GHz"

"Some concepts from his original 1897 papers have been incorporated into a new 1.3-mm multi-beam receiver now in use on the NRAO 12 Meter Telescope"

simrantogether said:
Hi,

Recently India has developed a new supercomputer that ranks in top five of the world...

It has been manufactured by the company TATA...

It rank is four.. and speed of around 117.9 tera flops...

It is the fastest in ASIA... Wonderful thing
Congratulations! And to think your countrymen have us here, at ElectroTech to thank for that! I knew all those replies to the endless threads: "Sirs, I need ideas and technical diagrams for senior final project" would pay off for us sooner or later. ;)

Is that's where the Chandra X-ray observatory got it's name from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back