Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

induction heating coil design and interaction with metal in proximity

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

Curious if anyone here is familiar with induction heating coils? We have some small parts we are trying to automate the heating of the tip of them. The problem is the parts are so small that the holding system to get them to the coil will be very close to the coil and we are concerned about interaction of the coil and the holders. The coil will need to be about 1" diam and would be about .25" from the holders.

Also, finding a way to automate getting these parts into a round or helical coil has created quite a problem. Just not an easy way to lower the coil or raise the part so I was curious about other coil types where the part could just pass by the coil and we could spin the parts? I am not sure if this will radically increase heating time either.

Can you use say a quartz rod or some gripping mechanism made with quartz?

I did some quartz rudimentary glass blowing in my career. You never really said how hot or how massive or what do you have to do with these hot things?

The ends are just being annealed after processing so they need to hit about 800f and that is it. These will basically ride a custom designed conveyor of Aluminum. It will very much increase the complexity to try and use plastics or something for this not to mention triple the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back