Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

info needed pic mssp

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuffock

I need to know a lot more about the mssp module on the PIC16f887, other than " sometimes it works, but a lot of the time it doesnt. " I crib the code directly from the microchip app notes and data sheets, but fail to understand why it finishes an operation with the data high and the clock low. Sample scope traces provided by microchip show this clearly, but fail to point out that this means I have to disconnect the pullups in order to have any battery left to wake up with. The datasheet, in its explanation of the workings of I2C, has moved to SPI within the paragraph, and continues in like manner, leaving me in total ignorance.
Now its obviously something stupid I,m doing, but what?
Other problems I get are:
after setting sspcon,sen action does not complete, sspcon,sen remains set indefinitely.
" " rcen, " " " " "
A page read from a serial eeprom often sticks in one of these loops several bytes into the read.
For some reason a page write runs beautifully.
Anyone any ideas why, or know of the whereabouts of further information, please reply.

hi,
Have you seen the errata pdf.?

Attachments

• 80302F.pdf
    246.8 KB · Views: 225
Eric, Thanks for the info. I had read that, and it seemed to have little bearing on the problems I find, but there was no harm in reading it again. I find that I had not cleared sspsen on finishing with the port, and,full of glee, set about correcting this. I now find the data line high, and a continuous clock on scl. Now its not supposed to do that at all, is it? Especially not in sleep mode. The IDC says its in a loop waiting for rcen to clear. What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back