Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infocus Lp70 lp-70 projector Shutting off after startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

julian734

Good Morning all! Somebody is selling an Infocus LP70 Projector that he says powers up then shuts off. He says he was told it has something to do with the bulb but it sounds like a power supply issue to me. I talked him down to $40. Does anyone think it worth the time to mess with it? Or does anyone have experience with this model?

Have you tried to replace the bulb yet? And how does it sound like a power supply issue? Just because the power supply shuts off doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it, to the contrary it's probably working properly in stopping a faulty component (possible itself) from hurting anything. A decent AV store should be able to test the bulb for you without too much hassle or charge, that's a good place to start.

Good Morning all! Somebody is selling an Infocus LP70 Projector that he says powers up then shuts off. He says he was told it has something to do with the bulb but it sounds like a power supply issue to me. I talked him down to $40. Does anyone think it worth the time to mess with it? Or does anyone have experience with this model?

I have no experience with this model. However, I have some with Panasonic. They have some fan issue's. If the fan is directly over the bulb will cause the fan to dry out.

If you can pull the fan out and pull the retaining clip clean it and re-oil the impregnated bearing. This may or may not help. But, I have done it with several with good success.

A Steal!

I took the risk and bought the projector. When I turned it on it had a fan error and shut off. I opened it up and the fan wire was just pulled out of the board. I popped it back in and it powered back up just fine. It has 35hrs used on a 3000hr bulb. Not bad for $40. Craigslist is awesome! Thanks for the comments guys!
**broken link removed**

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back