Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information of nickel-zinc battery needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhipeng

Hi everyone!

I am doing a task in which I need to gather basic information of the Nickel-Zinc battery used for a light electric plane, not a model. I've searched on web but still lack a little information.

Nickel-Zinc battery:​

Energy density: 55~85 Wh/kg, usually 70 Wh/kg
Power density: 900W/kg
It is a little strange because I've seen three different data for power density. (150~200, 500, 900.) How could this happen? And which one is right?
Cycle durability: 500
Temperature and pressure effects: -20~60C

Efficiency:
Charging time:
I think it depends on the size of the battery. And is there anyone can predict a rough range of time?

Cost:
I don't know the initial cost for such a nickel-zinc battery. Does anyone know a rough data?

My electric model airplanes and helicopter use lightweight and high power 4th generation Li-Po batteries. They cost less, their power is higher and have many more charge-discharge cycles than ordinary 3rd generation Li-Po batteries sold today.

Nickel-zinc batteries are used in some portable power tools where their heavy weight is no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back