Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

infra red object detector problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul.sadtm

hi all

i am facing a problem while i am designing this circuit

19.gif

my infra red LED's are working but may be reciever is not detecting the infra red signals... the output of the ir module is not changing...

please suggest me what to do??

Hello rahul,

You haven't tell which IR module you use for beam detection. Different modules changes their pin configuration that you should have a look on to. If wrongly wire, it will damage the module. Also their frequency range of detection may vary. So try to change the transmitter frequency by some sort of adjustment say the 10K pot.

Re-check the transmitter to confirm whether it is working or not.

The current in the IR LEDs is only 28mA. TV remotes blast their IR diodes with 1A.
The 555 and LEDs should be powered directly from 9V, not 5V. Add a 100uF capacitor to the supply pins of the 555. Reduce the value of the 56 ohm resistor.

The TSOP IR receivers are designed for data in bursts of pulses and turn down the gain when the pulses are continuous like in your circuit. Use a second 555 to make the pulses in bursts as described in the datasheet.

The transistor driving the relay will be destroyed by the flyback voltage spike from the relay. Add a reverse-connected diode across the relay coil.

well i am using GP 1UW series (sharp) IR module... but i think the pin configration of module given along with the diagram is not correct...

there is one more thing i have checked the IR LED and its not bursting the IR beam when i switch ON the transmitter... may be because of low current flowing through it... as audioguru said.

so correct me if i am wrong....

Enter the full part number of your IR receiver module into www datasheetarchive.com and look at the datasheet to see the pins, its frequency and how many pulses are needed for each burst of pulses. Then set the 555 to that frequency for a short range. Add a second 555 to modulate this 555 for the correct number of pulses for each burst of pulses for long range.

Look at the IR diode with a digital camera to see if it lights but it won't show if it makes pulses.
Use a TV remote to see if it can activate the IR receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back