Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

infrared detector of unknown spec and origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelangfei

Anyone:

Please take a look at the jpegs in the below html. The infrared detector looks alot like the Panasonic 38KHz Infrared Detector Module or the Vishay TSOP7000 455kHz Infrared Detector Module. I found this in China inside a functioning toy helicopter for about $2.50 - (probably should have paid 1/10th). To make it work I have to short ground to the middle pin of the detector. I want to recycle it for a remote control project. Anyone recognize it?

HTML:
www.genekernis.com/infrared

What's to recognise? - it's only got three pins, and you can easily tell which is which from the connections in the toy.

Ground
+ve supply
Output (active low)

Make sure the supply is suitably decoupled (see my IR PIC tutorial), they are really EXTREMELY simple to use - I've never seen any which don't work in a similar fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back