Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared LED circuitry help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaoticInsanity

Would someone please make me a circuit diagram for using 2 separate sets of 3 Infrared LEDs coming from the one power source? It needs to go via an on/off switch (that turns all six on/off) and I need to know things like resistors, power, etc. so I know what I need to have. I just want a simple circuit, nothing fancy. It's just a home project I'm doing and tis nothing exceptionally urgent, I just don't know what I am doing when it comes to circuits (I used to be good at it but haven't done anything in years). The help would be appreciated.

Thankyou in advance :)

Some of the people here know the voltage requirement of an infrered LED, but none of them know how much voltage you have available or what current you want to put through the LEDs.

Check this circuit. it fits your requirments...

Attachments

• infra red.jpg
    infra red.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 229
Not a good idea to put the led's in parallel with only one resistor. Use 1 for each set of 3 led's if they are similar to this one.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/12/tsal6200.pdf
each resistor should be 120 ohm 1 watt. Or if you are really using 12 volts you can put all 6 led's in series using a 62 ohm resistor. In this case 1/2 watt would be ok.
Best to answer the questions posed in post 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back