Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared LED Project....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescue1

Hello all.I recently installed a mini Hidden camera in my Daughters room to keep an eye on a new babysitter while I am at work.I gutted an old VHS tape and mounted the camera inside so its hidden on her stack of Barney tapes.I was thinking that her 15-watt night light would be enough light but I was wrong.So I found a few commercial IR devices on fleabay but most are big and expensive.I was thinking about hiding a bank of LEDS and a power supply in a crib mounted toy to shed some IR.I tried a few "High output" IR LED's I had,and the one you can buy at ratshack but they all produce nothing more than a dim glow that hardly sheds a beam when looked at with multiple cameras.So my question is what type of IR LED should I be buying? They are rated differently then regular LED's so I don't know what to look for.I understand that I will need a bunch but don't want to spend the money until I know exactly what I am buying.Thanks for the help everyone....:)

The camera probably has an infrared filter, you might be able to remove it but this would risk damaging your camera and it would certainly alter the colour.

Why not just buy and IR sensitive camera off eBay?

For night vision, you want a low lux black and white. Around .1 lux for a small room, .05 lux is reasonably priced. There are a lot of small ones under $30 on the web.

needs design and working I codless head phone

we are doing project on this circuitfor submission of this project we need design and relevance of each component used in this circuit

Just another student looking for someone to do their project for them picbits.

Here's a link to what a typical ir camera view looks like:
**broken link removed**
click on the sample video below the picture. Unless you use a lot of leds or some type of lens with several leds this is what you should expect to see.

edit: just saw the date of original post... duh!!
and I usually look at that first..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back