Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared Remote and Reciever Would Love Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norisatree

The Basic Goal/Idea
Create multiple Infrared device's(like at least 35) like a remote control- but with different buttons that would for all 35 devices that send information to a receiver that can distinguish between all of them so that the reciever would take that information which would then be proccessed by the computer by an application.
Problems
I have no idea where to start or what I am doing so I would appreciate any links to guides or books that would help me learn how to do this. I also need to know a plausible way to transfer the information from the reciever to the computer, the programming part I can do but as to the transfer of the data I am very clueless.
Thx for the help

Norisatree said:
The Basic Goal/Idea
Create multiple Infrared device's(like at least 35) like a remote control- but with different buttons that would for all 35 devices that send information to a receiver that can distinguish between all of them so that the reciever would take that information which would then be proccessed by the computer by an application.
Problems
I have no idea where to start or what I am doing so I would appreciate any links to guides or books that would help me learn how to do this. I also need to know a plausible way to transfer the information from the reciever to the computer, the programming part I can do but as to the transfer of the data I am very clueless.
Thx for the help

Check my PIC IR tutorial, it should help you see how to do it.

Thx for responding

Thx for the tutorial but, I was just wondering before I spend alot of time trying to find out how everything works what do you think the minimal cost for creating one infared remote(not including the reciever)
Oh ya since I really don't know anything about circuit building is their any starting kit or tutorial I should try before going straight to this IR stuff so that I have more than a basic understanding of electronics. I also don't know where to buy the pic chips in the US can anyone point me out to where a good place would be?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back