Infrared Security circuit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrar0

I want to make. wall security system intrusion detection system. the wall is 40ft to 60 ft long. if you have any circuit diagrame or related link please send me or
just guide mostly i heared these systems are made by using infrared sender and receiever if any intrusion between sending and receiving it begins to alarm....
I want to ask which pair of ic i should use as ir sender and receiver for this required range.

I guess by "intrusion" you mean if someone bashes down the wall?
You're going to need more than a "pair", 60' is about 20m, so i'd say a cluster of about 25 5mm IR leds, and 2-3 IR receivers on the other end. You'd then use the IR receiver as a part of a transistor circuit to operate a relay or something.

That's just what came to mind, i'm sure there is an easier way of doing it... How about a laser pointed at an LDR? (Although alignment would be a pain) Haven't done this before, it might be completely flawed... something you could try? Red laser modules are cheap enough these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…