Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inhibiting 74C925's CLK input - robust & safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
A 74C925 is clocked by an optocoupler salvaged from a mouse. I added the resitors.

See attached circuit and please note: it works as shown.

Without changing existing hardware I would like to stop the clocking under certain circumstances that a 18F452 micro can recognize.

If I return the emitter resistor to a IO pin from the micro (available) I expect that a high output will keep CLK high and a low output will allow clocking.

Do you think I would need something else to make this safe and robust? I cannot accept unexpected clocking with this machine.

https://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/atferrari/74C925CLKcontrol.jpg

Gracias for any suggestion.

PLease forgive if the file does not show properly on your PC. I forgot how to make good graphic files from the LTSpice's .asc ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back