Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input from photocoupler

Status
Not open for further replies.

khansaab

This is a simple circuit in which PIC16F628A is counting pulses, converting the number of counts in ASCII and sending the ASCII data to LCD. LCD is working. Even counter is functioning if a direct on the pin is given. But, if pulses are sent through a photo coupler, then the pin (and output of photo coupler doesnt go high). However, if photocoupler is disconnected from PIC then it functions as normal, but when connected with PIC, the output doesnt changes its state. Circuit is attached. Please check if I am doing something wrong.

Attachments

• problrm.JPG
    problrm.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 315
Unfortunately, this configuration is also not working. And that pin is programmed to function as counter and it is functioning if a direct high is given on it. But no other combination of transistor or photo coupler is working to produce a high on it.

Put digital multimeter on the collector of the transistor of the opto-coupler and let us know the voltage of the two states.

Whats the part number for your opto-coupler some don't need outside resistor and will not turn on.
And if it needs one 470 is way to high most need 50ma to light the led in them to turn the npn on
change it to 100 to 120 ohm and see if that works

The system has started responding now. It was some compiler trouble. Regenerating the hex file fixed it. But now some other problems are at hand. I am working working them at the moment. Hope fully, I wont have to bother you guys with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back