Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Instant Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
Anyone here use any IM services? Forums are good and all but I like live chat sometimes and IRC is pretty much dead.
I'm Darknegation on AOL and Sceadwian on yahoo if anyone feels like adding me or posting their info

I tend to avoid things like instant messenger and such as they tend to make your PC more vulnerable to outside attack, along with the spyware often bundled into these packages.

https://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1657

You can try laserchat.org .

It is a laser chatroom, but alot of electronics discussions happen there aswell.

I use a client called Miranda, it supports virtually all IM services and even supports IRC, it's a bit of a pain to configure but it doesn't even require installation it can be run from a flash drive on any computer.

Sceadwian...

that quote sound sooooo familiar and so recent...is that from the Last Unicorn?

Last edited:
Yes, it goes with the Avatar image. Watched it again with my wife and stepson last night and my ears perked up at the quote. Seemed appropriate and I've been looking to change it for a while.

If that's a cat it sure is funky lookin.

Yes, it goes with the Avatar image. Watched it again with my wife and stepson last night and my ears perked up at the quote. Seemed appropriate and I've been looking to change it for a while.

Can you post a bigger image of it so I can see it clearer.

These old eye's don't work to good anymore.

kv:p

I tend to avoid things like instant messenger and such as they tend to make your PC more vulnerable to outside attack, along with the spyware often bundled into these packages.
Same here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back