Interfacing 2 pic16F628 using its USART

Status
Not open for further replies.

ananth85

MY project is regarding telecommunication,and the specification is to use uart chip to communicate with each other,i would like 2 know is this possible,if yes, wer can i find information that can help me regarding this issue,

Just connect TX to RX, RX to TX, and chassis - easy as that.

It's a VERY easy thing to do, and a VERY common thing to do, there is an RS232 tutorial in my PIC tutorials.

ok,onve i connect as described above i would have to create a fm transmittter to test whether both of my pic are communicating rite

You never mentioned a transmitter before - if you want to use transmitters, check my RF tutorial.

How to use a UART ic/chip to communicate with each other,where can i find the information,could anyone help me, i need to transmit voice data that is in digital form through RF

Hi,
Please state clearly what are you doing. Wired UART between 2 PICs? Or Wireless communication between 2 PICs?

BTW you do not need UART IC. This feature is integrated in most of the PIC.

If you're doing the RF communication between the 2 PICs, one way or two way. If two way you will have to use RF transceiver and usually need SPI for interfacing them. Or two pairs of RF module that in different frequencies.

Hello

I have the same probleme , I want to interface 2 PIC 16F628A et 16F877 but in one way from 628A to 877 and I want to use RF transmitter

Thank you for your help

what would you do if you want to wirelessly communicate between 2 PICs? Can someone give some codes for the PICs using UART that will establish connection between the 2 transceivers? Thanks
Tom

Last edited:
digital data,i am going to convert voice(analog) to digital form then encrypt(16bit) using a X-OR,therefore i need to send the data to another receiver site

Hello

For me what i can make in this case

the signal which i want to send it ,not as a command then why i need a PIC, send your signal with transmitter and recive it in the other site.

What type of transmitter could be used to transmit 16 bit of data

Any type, it just needs the data supplying to it in a suitable form and at a suitable speed - that's what the PIC is used for.

But for a start I suggest you work out your basic requirements, frequency response you're looking for, resolution required (16 bit's is full CD quality), and transmitter bandwidth required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…