Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing A Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car's recieve signals they don't transmit them. Exactly for what purpose do you want to connect your car to your PC? Controlling it? IF so, no PIC is required, you can write PC software to use a PC parallel port to transmit the PPM signal that Radio control's use without much difficulty and use any transmitter that has a 'buddy box' connection on it to transmit the signal to the car.

i just want to control my car through my keyboard :) and i m searching for ccts regarding this so can nebdy help me , i kno its not a big deal but i m a newbie :(

It's not that big a deal, but it's not easy either, no hardware interface (aside from perhaps a resistor) is required. The tricky bit is the software. It would require a transmitter that has a 'buddy box' connector on it, these are for instructors teaching people how to fly, the transmitters are linked to each other, only one actually transmits the other is a 'slave' and just sends the pulse signal to the 'master' for transmition, the master controller has a switch it can flip to take back over dierct control. It's primarily for aircraft, never seen it on a car, so that might be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back