Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing a model plane remote controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanTech

Hi there

Me and my friend are currently busy with a project for our school expo. My idea is to use a computer program that controls model planes through a delphi program. I have already written the program and I have a PIC16f627A. I thought that the best option to control the model planes would be to use the following remote: XP6102. I thought of connecting it's buddy / training port to my computer in some way.

I have two problems

1) How do I connect the RC remote with the PC?
2) How do I control the RC plane, meaning what data must I sent to the main RC remote to control the plane?

Thanks in advance
JeanTech

Hi,

Could you explain what you want to do ???

I do not understand anything to your project ... and I 've been flying model planes and creating custom dedicated electronics for ... 40 years !!!

Alain

hi there

I've designed a program on delphi that looks like a simple rc remote control for airplanes. it controls the elevate, ailerons, throttle and rudder. My friend has a jr2610 rc remote with a buddy input port so that a learner can control the plane through his remote.

What I would like to do is to use my program as a secondary remote control so that it would be possible to connect the PC to my friends remote. When he selects the buddy input from his remote, it must be possible to control the plane through the pc.

Thanks in advance
JeanTech

Ahhhhh,

much better !!!

just use the computer to construct the R/C PPM coder frame , eventually trim its voltage to match the Transmitter frame and use the learner/teacher cable ....

scoping the trainer signal will give you the correct values ... ( I have Graupner Txs ... but do not remember the coder output p to p voltage. - 6.2v for a 9.6v supply ???)

Alain

Thanks for the help Alain. I'm a little new to electronics. Is there maybe a circuit diagram of the rs232 connecting to the remote?

Thanks very much

I still do not understand what is your 16F627 for ... nor your RS232 or USB link ... ( no need all this junk !!! )

but :

**broken link removed**

Et vive les langues zétrangères ...

Alain

Last edited:
Sorry, I mean pic16f627a. The rs232 link is to connect the pc to the jack cable of the remote. Thanks for the link

If it is possible to connect the PC to the remote jack without using the pic, then I can leave it out but the serial port is needed for my program.

Simply use one port ( serial or // ) to generate the coder PPM sequence ... only need 1 port line ( + GND )

After what I read from you ... I just would recommend you to place a port isolator ( optocoupler ) to protect your computer port.

Gently told ...

Alain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back