Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing this LCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

My dad just brought me home two modules. They look kind of weird. They came straight from IBM, and they have an LCD, a piezoelectric speaker, 5 buttons, 2 LED's, and one USB Port. Does anyone have any idea what they are? Hmm, anyways, i am going to desolder the LCD right now. I was wondering, how would i interface it? I don't have a part number, but it looks as is if it has 6 pins coming off of it, and it looks like it is 16x2 rows of text. Any ideas? I am not sure if the controller is built on, i will check when i get the thing off. Thanks!

Open it up and find out! Usually on the LCD itself there is a model number, once you have the number(s) you can use google and find a data sheet. After that, you can hook it up to your PC via parallel port (if its 16pins)

ADD- 6 Pins, Hmm, 2 For power, that leaves 4 which you say its USB right?

Does the USB port go to the LCD?

No, it looks like a diagnostics module. I broke it when i went to take it off the PCB. I only broke the LEADS off. They were surface mount, and i cant resolder them. Oh well. It doesn't matter, i am going to buy a nice LCD when i get a little money around. It is a nice 128x64 pixel graphics LCD. And it is only $30! Can you belive it?!? :) Thanks though!

Marks256 said:
No, it looks like a diagnostics module. I broke it when i went to take it off the PCB. I only broke the LEADS off. They were surface mount, and i cant resolder them. Oh well. It doesn't matter, i am going to buy a nice LCD when i get a little money around. It is a nice 128x64 pixel graphics LCD. And it is only $30! Can you belive it?!? :) Thanks though!

If you want a nice looking 20X4 Character LCD for cheap, go here:
**broken link removed**

ive used a couple of them, and I have to say, I am VERY happy with it :) It rivials those $60 LCDs

I need a graphics LCD. Text would be nice for a while, but i am going to build a graphing calculator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back