Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing with computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubhav_1986

hey hi
i have couple of doubts , please if u can find solution for me

1) Can you tell me which book shud i read for programming of 8051 or is there any book available on net? N is it always preferred to use C for programming? Should i learn programming thorugh C or Assembly language?

2) how should i get the control of my remote control toy car through my computer?please tel me because this is the starting of my project

U can use the latest edition book "the 8051 microcontroller an dembedded systems" by mazidi . In this latest edition book u can get some C programs also.

Programming in C is much more easier and might be easier for the future use.

hi, I'm busy with the same project.

I'm using my serial port that is connected to a MAX232 and then the signal gets send RF to car. I'm using a pic16f628 serial interface and the PWM function of the pic that's controlling my servos. Got my serial interface sorted out but still busy with my PWM (pulse width modulation).

Hoped this helped.
martin

anubhav_1986 said:
hey hi
i have couple of doubts , please if u can find solution for me

1) Can you tell me which book shud i read for programming of 8051 or is there any book available on net? N is it always preferred to use C for programming? Should i learn programming thorugh C or Assembly language?

2) how should i get the control of my remote control toy car through my computer?please tel me because this is the starting of my project

wherther you use c or Asm, you need to get familiar with the 8051 architecture itself, the book of K.J. Ayala is Excellent... and it will teach you programming with ASM.

then.. you may switch to C for more complex programs..

hi friend
i think learning c51 assemply is better because it cause u to think better and have good programing idea that help u for using AVR and PIC's in C.for basic learning in c51 family the 2 major book is avalable 1.mazidi's book 2.makenzi's book.
for your next problem you can use UART interface with C51 and a driver IC like MAX232 to interface with PC and connect your remot to microcontroller and use a computer program for sendin data ro RS232 port(DB9 connector).

good luck.AFTECH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back