Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Internal UPS design problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDroscher

Hi,

I would like to design an additional board for my PC which incorporates a UPS on the ATX feed to the motherboard.

My thoughts are to run a feed from the PSU into a PIC based battery charger to charge Lithium Ion batteries. The battery output then runs into a board which detects whether there has been a power cut and selects between the PSU's ATX power feed to the motherboard (normal operation) or the batteries (If there has been a powercut)

Can anyone over any insight about what i should consider and references to aid me do this? I've already got the charger circuit and a test PSU/Mobo - all i need to do now is design the circuit which will switch between the two power sources in the event of a power cut.

Many thanks,

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back