Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Introduction to microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioratiometrics

Hello I have a post that can help anyone new get started with microcontrollers here

<snip>

Currently I have post about STM32's but other micro's are coming as well. Any feedback is welcome thanks

<Mod edit: do not link to your own site. That is considered spam and is not allowed. If you want to post something specific, post it here at ETO >

Last edited by a moderator:
The link touches on the problem of pining down a particular micro for development board choice or build, the Picmicro boards, Picdem-2 etc have facility for 18pin, 28 pin & 40 pin on the same board, fortunately Picmicro kept the same pin out designation across most part No's which makes them very versatile.
Max.

Hello I have a new post about pic microcontrollers here: <snip> any feedback is welcome

<Mod edit: do not link to your own site. That is considered spam and is not allowed. If you want to post something specific, post it here at ETO >

Last edited by a moderator:
It also depends on which programming route you want to take ?
Pic is well supported with both Assembly and C.

Also consider devices like the very popular Arduino with C++ and even the Rasp PI

While things like the STM32 dev boards look great and cheap you want to consider the practical hobbyist support

Both Pic and Arduino have there own very active forums plus many other forums like Electro-Tech with a wealth of information and experienced users.
Also both have a vast array of hardware in terms of dev boards and accessories.

I won't post links to other forums here, but STM32 has a modest hobbyist support base and is getting larger all the time.

Without the context of his links I have nothing to go on with what direction the OP should go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back