Inturrupting Analog Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addohm

I need some help on this project. Just a quick background, my electronics skills are somewhat basic. I only know what I learned in Vocational high school 11 years ago, and what I use now on industrial equipment.

I have a circuit, that looks like this (sorry, it's large)

**broken link removed**

I would like to expand it, to two switches. The problem here, is if one switch is made and held, the other switch will do nothing once made. If no switches are made, either switch will trigger properly.

The only thing I can think of is some sort of signal inturruption (like a timer) that will cut the signal from the switch almost immediatly after the switch is made. The problem is, I cannot add power, or use the current power, to add a timer. I would prefer to add something small that doesn't require any power. The signals that go through this wire are in the range of maybe 1v.

**broken link removed**

I suppose I could use Diode Logic for this yes? Something like....

**broken link removed**

It would be simple and small to build, but I am not sure how all of the internals would turn out. I can obviously make a small box with two inputs and one output, but what I would have to do to create the Logic is beyond my knowledge >.<

I don't think that diode logic will work. It would work if I could use variable voltages, but it's just the one "signal" that is an acceptable output. If you make one switch, it'll send the signal, if you make the other switch, it'll send the same signal.

What I need to create, is something that allows the signal to pass through the wire only once, and then unmake the signal, whether the switch is made or not. Then it should reset itself when any switch is unmade.

Arg I'm not sure I can be clear enough on what I am trying to do.

hi,
Sounds like you need some logic ic's.

I did ask what analog signal are you switching, is it audio, voltage level etc.

How long do you want the signal to pass before its switched off.?

Can you say what you are trying to do with these switches.?

It is audio, 3.3v.

Probably ~.1 seconds or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…