Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverter??? generator ?

Externet

Hello. I know well what inverters are; I know well what generators are. What thef is an inverter generator ?

My gasoline powered generator engine died. Exploring to buy a 12VDC to 120VAC inverter instead and see these

---> https://hapcoinc.com/product/honda-generator-eg2800i/

Some geniuses decided to name it inverter ? I expected to see a DC battery input / gasoline input to 120VAC output but seems it is not. What is it ? What inverts ?

Exactly as Nigel mentioned.
But in addition to the higher quality waveform and tighter frequency regulation, there is another VERY SIGNIFICANT improvement; that the engine can vary it’s speed up and down depending on the actual load, as the output frequency is not locked to the engine’s RPM.
This means a much lower noise level with smaller loads, and reduced fuel consumption.

I have an inverter-generator, and love those characteristics.

Oh boy! Then its engine driven spinning alternator generates whatever and a 60Hz electronic circuit named 'inverter' converts to 120VAC-60Hz-current-on-demand. :oops:

Digesting... If I do not go that way, will consider a

1728583953445.png

After reading the chinis misleading, lies and fine print... Will see.

Last edited:

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back