Inverter??? generator ?

Externet

Hello. I know well what inverters are; I know well what generators are. What thef is an inverter generator ?

My gasoline powered generator engine died. Exploring to buy a 12VDC to 120VAC inverter instead and see these

---> https://hapcoinc.com/product/honda-generator-eg2800i/

Some geniuses decided to name it inverter ? I expected to see a DC battery input / gasoline input to 120VAC output but seems it is not. What is it ? What inverts ?

The generator creates rough power, then an inverter converts that to accurate smooth power - so it's a high quality system.

Exactly as Nigel mentioned.
But in addition to the higher quality waveform and tighter frequency regulation, there is another VERY SIGNIFICANT improvement; that the engine can vary it’s speed up and down depending on the actual load, as the output frequency is not locked to the engine’s RPM.
This means a much lower noise level with smaller loads, and reduced fuel consumption.

I have an inverter-generator, and love those characteristics.

Oh boy! Then its engine driven spinning alternator generates whatever and a 60Hz electronic circuit named 'inverter' converts to 120VAC-60Hz-current-on-demand.

Digesting... If I do not go that way, will consider a

After reading the chinis misleading, lies and fine print... Will see.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…