Ipod info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar64

Hey everyone well I have 2 broken Ipod's sitting at home they are both the old Photo one's anyone have any advice on the LCD's and the Hard drives interfacing them with PIC's etc they don't work by themselves and I fix Ipod's for people as a way to pay for cheap things but these ones are mine but I have had them for 4 years and they finally broke anything I can do with the LCD's or Hard Drives ? I'm also looking for where I can get some cheap LCD's for some projects perferably just out of junk toys or etc like calculaters etc haha or a website I can buy them from cheap also a place to get component's for projects I can't find a place that has everything or almost everything bc its way cheaper for shipping if you buy everything from one place then to get it from 3-5 different places with a shipping of $5-$20

Here is the Hard Drive info looks to me like a 2.5'' Hard drive

Toshiba

Disk Drive MK4006GAH

HDD1564 P ZK01 DC 3.3v 500ma

LCD info

None other then it has a approx amount of terminals of about 20-25ish after some mini resisters etc

Last edited:
There are iPod dissections all over the web.

LCDs can rarely be salvaged out of old equipment. The controller & drivers for those were typically done with a special microcontroller or ASIC and it's impractical to make them work with say a PIC or AVR. You need an LCD with an on-board controller. There are a dozen good electronics surplus suppliers on the web who carry a lot of them fairly cheap... but not really cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…