Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ipod nano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ipod is overpriced for what you get. You should think about what you want to use it for, then search for the player that is best for those features. Last December, I wanted a portable way to display pictures and video of my new puppy. Printing photos were a hassle in bulk. My first impulse was Ipod, seemed to be the most common. For what I wanted, it sucked, tiny screen, poor resolution, software... Bought Creative Labs 4gig Zen, and very happy with my choice. Could be better, but does what I wanted. Don't like having to run the conversion software for every video and photo, but it's quick enough, and automatically transfers when done. Have yet to put a music file on it, so don't know about sound quality. Audio from the videos sound okay, but it's from a digital camera... The screen is 2.5 inches, and true color.

Sansa > Ipod.

Ipod is the suck. But that's just my unsupported opinion.

there is no "best" ipod

why are you asking this on an electronics forum

It's okay. This is ****-chat. Though it would be misguided to join the forum soley to ask this question.

Last edited:
Sansa > Ipod.

Ipod is the suck. But that's just my unsupported opinion.
I wanted to hate Ipod. I really did. But I love my Nano. Best MP3 player I've ever owned. :D

The earbuds, like all cheap earbuds, sucked bad. Very painful to the ears, both in sound quality and comfort. I replaced them with a set of Sennheiser PX100 headphones, which absolutely ROCK! They sound excellent (great bass, surprisingly), they're light, they fold small.

Sansa is the Samsung player? My cousin had one. They're fairly nice, but for Windows users only. Linux users stay clear!

Last edited:
I do not mind the Ipod Nano (I like the small size :)) but I hate I tunes. It formats all your mp3's to play through it and you gotta update it etc...

I do not mind the Ipod Nano (I like the small size :)) but I hate I tunes. It formats all your mp3's to play through it and you gotta update it etc...
That's why I never use Itunes. Ever. I used it once when the Nano was brand new, to format it or put firmware on it or whatever Itunes does. After that I locked it off in the firewall. No more interweb for you, Itunes! :D

Since then the Ipod has been used with Linux software exclusively. I like Amarok, since the main part of my music collection is over 11000 tracks. It's the only program I've found that handles that number of tunes well (using MYSQL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back