Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR and Photo Transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klitzie

Just wanna ask if an IR & Photransistor works well in scanning 2 colors red and blue and can differentiate it from one another, i tried using LDR together with a RGB leds, but the data is unstable it changes everytime we make a movement to the box. Maybe an IR would make it simpler it doing the same job as the LDR based sensor.

Question is, do the red and blue surfaces reflect different amount of Ir? I'm not sure myself...

Why IR?
Give us more information on your RGB LED design that does not work. I think it can work.

Norlin said:
Question is, do the red and blue surfaces reflect different amount of Ir? I'm not sure myself...
The amount of visible light it refects makes no difference as far as IR is concerned.

An object might look white at visible wavelengths but black at IR and vice-versa.

Try splitting your incident beam* and using the "split"portion as a reference. Variations in the emission intensity may be what's screwing you up. John

*Edmund's Scientific used to sell such splitters. They are basically just front-surface mirrors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back