Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Detector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - K8LH

I'd like to develop a Sony Remote Control receive decoder algorithm as a background ISR task using CCP "capture" mode but I'm having a devil of a time trying to locate an IR Detector at Mouser. Some of the ones I've searched for are; GP1U52X, SFH506-36, LT-1059, and TSOP1736....

Can anyone recommend a common and easily obtainable IR Detector that'll work with the Sony 12/15 remotes? Preferrably something I can order from Mouser?

TIA, Mike

Just take one out of any old VCR, TV, or stereo - they are all essentially the same, or at least close enough to work fine. Check my tutorials for how they connect, and for details of the SIRC's system.

SIRC's is a good choice, as it's simple to decode - I've even got interrupt code somewhere, that a guy emailed me, based on my tutorial.

Mike said:
Can anyone recommend a common and easily obtainable IR Detector that'll work with the Sony 12/15 remotes?

I've bought a few TSOP1138 receivers, but I am still experimenting...
This is a selection guide from Vishay.

Attachments

• vishay.png
    vishay.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 122
Yes!!! That one shows up on Mouser (pn 782-TSOP1138, $1.16). Thank you both for providing a part number and source.

Kind regards, Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back