IR Detector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - K8LH

I'd like to develop a Sony Remote Control receive decoder algorithm as a background ISR task using CCP "capture" mode but I'm having a devil of a time trying to locate an IR Detector at Mouser. Some of the ones I've searched for are; GP1U52X, SFH506-36, LT-1059, and TSOP1736....

Can anyone recommend a common and easily obtainable IR Detector that'll work with the Sony 12/15 remotes? Preferrably something I can order from Mouser?

TIA, Mike

Just take one out of any old VCR, TV, or stereo - they are all essentially the same, or at least close enough to work fine. Check my tutorials for how they connect, and for details of the SIRC's system.

SIRC's is a good choice, as it's simple to decode - I've even got interrupt code somewhere, that a guy emailed me, based on my tutorial.

Keep your eye on ebay aswell. I bought 6 for £2 or something like that a while ago. Still better to take one for free from an old vcr though

Mike said:
Can anyone recommend a common and easily obtainable IR Detector that'll work with the Sony 12/15 remotes?

I've bought a few TSOP1138 receivers, but I am still experimenting...
This is a selection guide from Vishay.

Attachments

• vishay.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 122
Yes!!! That one shows up on Mouser (pn 782-TSOP1138, $1.16). Thank you both for providing a part number and source.

Kind regards, Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…