IR Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mihindu_gajaba

Hey hi ,

i got an IR receiver TSOP1138 ( 3 Pin )
pin 1 and 2 are Power (-) (+) 3rd one is output and it outputs - 0.3 to + 6.0 V so can i connect it directly to PIC or am i need to amplify the Pulse i mean the Output.

2) . i tried to test that thing but it doesn't worked . i have gave (-) (+) to pin 1 and 2 then connected a Multimeter to output pin . when it's without IR light it doesn't Output any Voltage but when the IR turned on it doesn't Output any Voltage either. is that the way it works or is it doing another thing i mean like L.D.R changing the Resistance According to the light.. ?

Please help Me.

**broken link removed**

Mihindu_gajaba said:
Hey Please Help Me... ?

hi,
When you say "when the IR turned on it doesn't Output any Voltage either".
what is the source of the IR and is it modulated.??

Thanks

ericgibbs said:
hi,
When you say "when the IR turned on it doesn't Output any Voltage either".
what is the source of the IR and is it modulated.??

Thanks For Post...

I'm Using normal IR led. what i done is Power up the IR Receiver by giving (-) to pin1 and (+) to pin 2 and Then i have connected a Multimeter To Pin 2 and Pin3(output) to get to know whether it's output something. and when i Light up the IR L.E.D and by giving 3v to LED and close it to the receiver(3 pin unit) IR receiver Should Output 3v Right ?

hi,
The datasheet says the device requires a modulated 38KHz IR carrier input, so a 'static' Red LED, [which BTW, is NOT IR ] will not be detected!.

Last edited:
ericgibbs said:
hi,
The datasheet says the device requires a modulated 38KHz IR carrier input, so a 'static' Red LED, [which BTW, is NOT IR ] will not be detected!.

Ok , hey But I'm Not using a RED led I' using a Infrared LED. anyway is the Infrared have to be 38KHz ?

if so how to create is blink with 38Khz?

You mean Only if the Infrared Led has 38Khz will Detect to that !

hi,
The IR reciever is designed only to respond to a 38KHz IR signal, a fixed IR signal will not work.

EDITED: Look here!
https://www.robotroom.com/Infrared555.html

Last edited:
Mihindu_gajaba said:
Ok , hey But I'm Not using a RED led I' using a Infrared LED. anyway is the Infrared have to be 38KHz ?

if so how to create is blink with 38Khz?

You mean Only if the Infrared Led has 38Khz will Detect to that !

You could use a 555 or any microcontroller do do this. Or use an ir phototransistor instead of a 38khz ir detector.
The datasheet might also indicate a 100ohm resistor & small cap as a power supply filter. Be sure to check.

Thnaks

blueroomelectronics said:
You could use a 555 or any microcontroller do do this. Or use an ir phototransistor instead of a 38khz ir detector.
The datasheet might also indicate a 100ohm resistor & small cap as a power supply filter. Be sure to check.

hm... You mean If i'm using a ir phototransistor , it is not want to create a 38Khz pulse with IR led.

Simple i can Turn the IR led and Detect That Right ?

and hey can i use it as a object Finder . i mean When the IR LED on and when it's near to a object it reflects and Go to the receivers face ( surface ) then i can Get output from ir phototransistor .

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…