Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ir2117

Status
Not open for further replies.

123duermed

Hey

I have have now destroyed three Ir2117 without knowing why. In the data sheet the I0+ is 0.2A, which is the max current through HO. I have had a voltage of 20V on Vcc and a Rgate on 10ohm. This should give me a current of 2A when the bootstrap caps is discharging. Is this a good reason for why I break all my gate drivers?. The data sheet also says that the Vin should be max Vcc + 0.3. If I have not connected Vcc, and have a 10V pwm signal on Vin, could this also be a reason for breakdown?

Thanks for answers

Yes, applying voltage to the input with no Vcc could zap the IC. Why do you think they have the maximum Vin rating otherwise? :confused: You can add a resistor in series with the input to prevent damage under such conditions.

Post your schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back